The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) is the largest non-profit, professional association serving massage therapists, massage students and massage schools. It is the most trusted and respected name in massage therapy.
- AMTA provides our members with the strongest benefits in the massage therapy profession.
- We promote the health benefits of massage to the public, the health care community and other important groups.
- We work for fair licensing of massage in all states, and actively support research.
- Your voice is heard in AMTA as we are governed by massage therapists.
- We provide a wealth of local and national networking and continuing education opportunities.
To serve AMTA members while advancing the art, science and practice of massage therapy.
- We are a diverse and nurturing community working with integrity, respect and dignity.
- We are a nonprofit member-driven organization of ethical professionals.
- We embrace consistency in education.
- We endorse professional standards.
- We affirm and promote the benefits of massage therapy as validated by research.